The Janome 6260 is a quilting machine, thus the name Janome Quilter’s Companion means. This is great for avid quilters and quilters by profession to help them get the best and maximum quilting job results. This machine is a bit expensive because it offers top of the line quilting features and it is also computerized. Below is a list of features that the Janome 6260 offers to consumers:
1. It is a fast machine and offers great speed for quilting works.
2. It gives you precise stitch works and concise stitch patterns.
3. You get a worry-free quilting experience even if you are doing ordinary works to complex designs, no breaking, binding or even skipping will happen when using one.
4. It has a well-lighted LED screen display that will showcase what the Janome has to offer and it also has a scroll key for easy use of the machine.
5. It includes a work table that is in arc form which will allow you to move freely and more work room for you to use.
6. It includes a quilting kit for you to store in your quilting tools.
7. This also gives you additional storage space which you can see above and below your machine. The drawer at the bottom of the machine uses the slide mechanism so you will not need to worry opening it even if you are working on a project.
8. The 7-point feed dog mechanism greatly helps you even if you plan to do a sewing project starting from the edge of your textile or garment.
9. It includes an extra high presser foot lifter that will give you more space when doing a lot of sewing of fabrics at the same time.
1. It contains a lot of plastic parts. This is not guaranteed durable and sturdy equipment. You have to be extra careful when you use this so that it will not break easily. Some parts that are made from plastic materials are the bobbins and the foot presser.
2. This machine may be quite complicated to use at first because of the special features that this machine has to offer.
3. It is not a user-friendly for first time quilters. It may be best to read the instruction manuals thoroughly before you try to use on these types of machines.
4. It is a bit expensive because of the high technology it brings to quilters.
Choosing the best sewing machine for you that will fit your budget is sometimes hard to do. You will need to figure out what you really want to achieve from the sewing machine and what are the advantages and disadvantages of the sewing machine type. It is best that you find good reviews that will give you the information you need before purchasing a product. Here are some of the reviews that will greatly benefit you before you choose to purchase a sewing machine. If you plan to buy a sewing machine, try to get a Singer 7442. See the big difference of this type to others that is out in the market at present. Do not forget to go through the whole review before deciding to purchase one for your home. Be creative and try one for yourself.
The Singer 7442 is an added famous product of Singer. This type is electronic and gives you electronic stitch formations as well. The machine is compact and may be carried around wherever you want to go and very lightweight weighing only 21 pounds. It also has an on-board storage where you can carry along all the accessories in it as you travel. The Singer 7442 is a great machine for mending day-to-day necessities but only for lightweight materials also. It cannot be used for mending or making upholstery. The machine is also equipped with a variety of stitches that are reasonably easy to learn accompanied by easy-to-understand instructions. There is an LED light that will greatly benefit you especially when it is a bit dark so you can see the patterns that you are making on your sewing machine. What is best about this product is that it does not heat up even if you use it for a long period of time. It has a cooling system on it.
This model has a full range of sewing machine accessories that makes it possible for decorative, stretch, heirloom and quilting stitches to be sewn with precision. Its optimal and electronically formed settings make this feature possible. Stitches can be adjusted to its exact width and length. Reverse stitching is also made possible. This is the perfect sewing machine to make your table runners, holiday stockings for kids, sweaters, or other things you can think of that you can create on your own. This is best for you to give out to loved ones during the holiday seasons because this has your own creativity and has your special touch. Its quilting stitch looks like it has been worked on by hand and even better making it appear as if a professional made the finished product.
The 7442 model has a built-in needle threader that does the threading in just six seconds either horizontally or vertically. It has a 5-snap on presser feet for standard use, buttonholes, zipper, blind, and satin stitch. Buttonholes may be sewn in just one step and in two styles though, the stitches seem very far apart from each other that the buttonholes seem to unravel. Any minor problems like this can be fixed.
For people who are on the go, this type of sewing machine is very lightweight and is ideal to bring with you on your trips. You will surely enjoy using this sewing machine for your own decorative sewing purposes. It may have minor disadvantages like not being able to pivot your work since the needle always stops in the “up” position, but in the overall, the Singer 7442 still serves your creative and basic sewing necessities with a lot of benefits.
It was the Janome sewing machine company who released the very first computerized embroidery sewing machine for home use that can produce professional quality embroidery in the 1990s. The Janome MC7700QCP, which belonged to Janome’s Memory Craft Series, is one of its creations that combine functionality and technology.
The Janome MC7700QCP sewing machine contains functions that provide convenience to its users. It is a very user-friendly equipment and very easy to operate. Even those who have never used a sewing machine will find it fun to use. Controls can be easily set and modified according to the user’s requirement. The machine can save you a lot of space due to its portable size though it does not have a side arm which may be inconvenient when working on sleeves, pants and cuffs as it only has a very limited space to work on. It is very lightweight though and can be placed on top of a table so you can use the table top to spread out the material you are working on.
Sewing lights are also provided to lessen user eye strain therefore allowing comfort when working on finer sewing details which need precision. The Janome MC7700QCP also has an automatic threader so our eyes will not be stained in finding the needle hole for the thread to enter. You only have to push the control button and the thread is entered into the needle’s eye. The machine is also provided with an automatic tensioning feature which allows constant control on the stitch tension. The thread tension control automatically adjusts itself depending on the kind of fabric you are using. This eliminates waves and creases giving the finished product a “professionally done” look.
The Janome MC7700QCP has a speed of 820 stitches per minute allowing the user to maximize productivity on numerous projects. Shifting from garment sewing to embroidery is also very easy by just pushing the right control button. The machine is equipped with almost a hundred utility and decorative stitches with seven different kinds of buttonholes and ninety-five embroidery stitches which you can combine to produce other stitch designs. The built-in memory allows the user to save and edit designs to suit their particular requirements.
You may want to read the instruction manually thoroughly to avoid any problems which may be encountered while using the Janome MC7700QCP. Like any other computerized equipment, parts and control panels are sensitive and may be damaged if operational instructions are not properly followed.
The Janome MC7700QCP is a great sewing machine for you if you are the very creative type because of its functions and capabilities in design. Not only you can use it for your own personal projects but you could start your own small sewing and embroidery business considering the wide possibilities you can do with the Janome MC7700QCP capability.
White 2999 is a good home mechanical sewing machine. This machine is equipped with various features. It has an automatic one-step buttonhole for perfect buttonholes. You can control its speed to adjust in your sewing. It is capable to do 24 different stitches – one-step buttonhole, zigzag stitch, double action stitch, feather stitch, and 20 more. Furthermore, it has top drop-in bobbin that makes it easy to replace the used bobbin and see how much thread has left in the bobbin. You can also use the two needles with different colors at the same time. We only stated some of its features, but there are a lot more to see. In addition to what was stated previously, here are the advantages of White 2999:
1. You do not have to waste your time putting the buttons manually. The White 2999 is programmed to help you save time. All you have to do is to put the button at the designated place, push the right control in the machine and in just a matter of seconds, it will do the rest.
2. The LCD screen found in the sewing machine does not only display the speed of the machine. The LCD screen also shows what presser feet and the needle you should use.
3. As what stated previously, you can control the machine’s pace, whether faster or slower. In order to guarantee the quality of your stitch, it is designed in harmony with how fast you stitch.
4. If your work ends up with a loose stitch, or that the needle does not go through the cloth, the problem might be on how you press the presser feet. White 2999 sewing machine ensures you better presser feet. It creates a consistent pressure. Thus, you can create an even stitch from beginning until end. The presser feet can also be adjusted.
5. White 2999 sewing machine does not generate noise whenever you are sewing. Consequently, it creates a harmonious environment which can keep up your mood in sewing.
1. If you have mastered sewing, you may then find that White 2999 is for basic embroidery and sewing. With a limited 25 built-in stitches, you might find yourself wanting to learn more. That is the time you tune-up to another machine. Yet still, that does not alter the fact that White 2999 is capable for good sewing.
2. If you are a left-handed person, you may find this machine difficult to use. It is because this machine was built typically. With habitual use of your left hand, you may find this machine challenging.
Pfaff 7570 is an embroidery and sewing machine. This is a guaranteed product in a fair price. Though it is not available at every store, it can still be found in other places or in the internet. Pfaff 7570 is used for embroidery and sewing clothes, of course, and it is trouble-free to use. You do not anymore need to trouble yourself from always putting the thread into the small hole of the needle, you just need to put a spool into the machine; the machine can thread itself. It is equipped with a walking foot also, which allows you to hold and move the fabric, even multiple layers of fabric. It has different needle positions, which enables you to create different designs. This machine comes with a program for different patterns and designs. You just need to insert the card into it and select a specific design. You can also update and add for newer designs with the use of a PC. Moreover, it can create buttonholes accurately. In addition to what was stated previously, the follow are the advantages of the Pfaff 7570.
1. It is a durable sewing machine, since it is made of durable materials. That is why it is still popular and being sold up until now. With its durability, you can hand it down to your grandsons.
2. With the dual-feed walking foot, it fabricates clean and quality stitches. It can be used with different kinds of cloth – coat, garment leather, denim jeans, silk, and many more.
3. This machine is for all kinds of sewers, whether you are a quilter or dressmaker. You can alter or combine any types of stitches; it is up to your taste actually.
4. Its purchase has an additional of 30 cards; this card is used to make different designs – flowers, patterns, monograms, etc. Just insert the card into your sewing machine. You can also update or add different designs with the use of a PC or laptop. The cards work well with computers.
5. As what we have stated previously, the Pfaff 7570 can do the threading in itself automatically. Just place a spool into the right place and press the button. It is just a matter of seconds before you can begin sewing.
Here is the drawbacks of Pfaff 7570
1. Pfaff 7570 is a bit costly. It costs not less than $3,500. The cost of each card is not less than a hundred dollars. However, you can find some dealers that sell their products below its usual price.
The Singer 7462 is one of the top electronic sewing machines that Singer was able to manufacture. It shows the Singer signature which is durability as it can last for years. It is made of very sturdy materials, which is what Singer is known for and its mechanism is built to work efficiently over the years. If taken cared of properly, it can even be made an heirloom to your grandchildren. It is very heavy though, so you will not be able to move it anywhere that easy and it produces a loud noise so you may want to use your Singer 7462 during certain hours of the day when nobody is resting or work in an area where very little noise may be heard by other areas in your home.
Even with the noise and the bulky feature, the Singer 7462 is certainly a sewing machine worth treasuring. It is the machine’s capability and features that sets it apart from all the other sewing machines. A very interesting feature of the Singer 7462 is of the class 15J bobbins which are much smaller than the standard class15. The machine is also capable of producing 80 stitching functions with 28 stitches which you can combine.
Two options for buttonholes are also available, both created with just a press of a button. The users gain more control over stitch selection and formation because this Singer sewing machine is electronic. A lock function for decorative stitches prevents the stitches from loosening up immediately. It has threading system that runs about 6 seconds only and the drop-in bobbin is provided with a bobbin-viewer in the form of a slide plate so the user will be able to see and monitor bobbin activity. You will be able to know when the bobbins are to be wound. The Singer 7462 also has an auto tension giving the machine the capability to adjust itself depending on the stitch and fabric you are working on. You may encounter a problem though if you use thick fabrics. The auto-tension assembly of the sewing machine may not work as expected with these kinds of fabric and you may even end up breaking needles.
One of the Singer 7462 features that gives it a better edge than other electronically run sewing machines is its programmable controls that adjust stitch length and width. This function works wonders on your project and creates perfect stitch dimensions with utmost precision. Only a few machines have this capability.
The Pfaff has been known to make great sewing machines for several years now. They have produced a lot of famous models that is widely used by consumers. Pfaff 1245 is a sewing machine that is a combination of the classic sewing machine plus the new technology of what you can see from the latest machines out in the market. This machine is fast and can produce a great outcome for stitches and garment designs. You can get to finish your work in no time when using one. This has a spacious work room at around 14mm. This greatly allows you to sew even the thickest fabrics like leather or denim but can easily adjust to sew in the thinnest fabrics like silk.
1. This machine can do the labor works that are very difficult to do. It is reliable and can create anything that involves using hard materials. If you plan to make money and venture in a business such as selling your own luggage line or if you are more into sweaters and coats, then this machine is great for you. You can even create a set of upholstery for your car that you can personalize and add a nice touch to your ride.
2. This machine can do as much as 2,000 stitches per minute. So this saves you a lot of time when doing a lot of sewing jobs. Imagine how many projects you can finish in one sitting with this type of equipment.
3. It has automatic lubrication system for its hook. This is very convenient for those who do not want their hands to get greasy and messy. The lubricant is very important to keep your sewing machine working properly. This will resist rust and corrosion onto your sewing machine to occur.
4. This is a silent type of sewing machine. You do not need to worry that you wake up other people if you have to work on a sewing project late at night.
5. The top feed of your sewing machine can be adjusted and you can lift it up for you to have comfort while sewing. This is great if you work on large textiles.
1. The Pfaff 1245’s needle is specific. You cannot just choose any type of needle to use for this machine. It is not easy to find the needles for this specific equipment.
2. This is not a portable sewing machine. It cannot be carried anywhere. You need to find a perfect place to situate this sewing machine.